Some Useful Terms You May Want to Know For Window Treatments in Houston
Did you know that blinds and shades are not the same things? It seems rather obvious, yet these two terms get interchanged constantly. So before moving forward with your mission to find the perfect window treatments in Houston, you may want to first find out more about some of the terms you will be coming across.
Learning the Basics of Window Treatments in Houston
You can completely makeover the entire look of your home with new window coverings in Houston. However, it first starts with making sure that you even know what you are talking about.
- Blinds – This is a type of window coverings made up of slats held together by string. The slats may be vertical or horizontal.
- Brackets – A piece of hardware that attaches to the wall in order to hold a curtain wall. It may also attach to the window frame.
- Cellular Shade – Also referred to as honeycomb shades, this multi-layered fabric treatment is pleated in a manner that captures air. The term honeycomb comes from the way it looks from the side and this is a great option for adding insulation to your home.
- Drape – Often confused for the word draperies, this refers to the way fabric hangs on the window. For instance, some types of fabric Roman Shades have a lot of drape which can obstruct the view when the shade is open.
- Panel – This is in reference to a single portion of a curtain or drapery. Standard windows require two panels for coverage.
- Roman Shade – These are usually made up of fabric and fold upon themselves in layered pleats when opened/raised.
- Shades – Usually a roller shade which can be adjusted by pulling on the material of the shade itself.
- Sheer – While this often refers to curtains, it can also refer to any type of window covering. This is the amount of translucency present which means you may be able to see through the material.
Making Wise Choices for Window Treatments in Houston
While this is certainly just a few of the basics, it helps get you started. There are a lot of terms that you may come across that may confuse you, mainly because they get used to mean one thing but actually mean another. By working with established and reputable window treatment experts, you can get all the information that you need.
Make the smart choice and call on JC’s Window Treatments to get the job done. We take this line of work seriously and it shows in the results we get as a local Houston shutter company. From blinds to shades to shutters in Houston, we can take care of it for you.